This is a guide to help you request quotes or complete insurance applications online. Click on the type of insurance you are searching for below for assistance. Please search our Glossary if you would like more information on any of the topics addressed.
INDIVIDUAL HEALTH OR LIFE INSURANCE
BENEFITS AND BUSINESS INSURANCE
AFFINITY, ASSOCIATION OR MEMBERSHIP ORGANIZATIONS
Call 608-784-5433, or email us, if you have any questions on the information provided here.
INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE: QUOTE OR APPLICATION
We work with a variety of insurance companies that offer a wide range of individual insurance products – such as health, short term health, disability, life, dental and vision insurance. If you are interested in more information on these plans before you apply, please contact us and we can help you determine which plan is right for you.
As of January 1st, 2014 you may only apply for individual health insurance plans during the Annual Open Enrollment Period between November 1st and January 31st, or if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (such as loss of other coverage, marriage, divorce, birth of child, etc.) We can assist individuals applying for individual health plans on or off the Marketplace in Wisconsin. Please contact us if we can be of any help.
If you are ready to apply for an individual insurance plan online, the following is a list of information that is useful to have on hand before you start the application process. (There is no medical underwriting on individual health plans as of 1/1/2014.)
- Covered family members’ date of birth and social security numbers.
- All current and prior insurance company data including name of the carrier, effective and termination dates
- Decide on how you want to pay for the plan; by check, credit or debit card, or automatic bank draft. Depending on the carrier, the first month’s premium payment may be required when you apply for an insurance plan.
- If applying for life insurance, details of all present life insurance coverage including company, policy number, amount of coverage, effective date and beneficiary.
Please use the insurance companies “Find a Doctor” tool to check if your Doctor, Clinic or Hospital are “In Network”. Using providers that are “Out of Network” will result in decreased coverage (higher deductible and coinsurance cost share) and Usual and Customary difference.
BENEFITS AND BUSINESS INSURANCE
If you are a business and want a “Benefits Check Up” (after all, there are over a dozen Internal Revenue Codes dealing with benefits) or you just want a quote, please continue. Which of these benefit challenges do you face? Which affect you the most? (Some data gathering will be helpful to quantify challenges and solutions.)
- Challenges with the rising costs of benefits.
- Challenges with the benefit enrollment process.
- Challenges with employee turnover and morale that could affect profitability/productivity.
- Need to enhance communication and education for employees (43% know very little about their benefits).
- Challenges with employee performance as a result of health or financial hardship.
- Need help with Workers’ Compensation challenges.
- Need to enhance your benefits package at no additional hard cost.
- Need additional tax savings methods.
- Need to integrate human resources and benefits for positive movement of employees in our organization. Visit the MetLife Benefits Edge System Website for more information.
- For other specific company links for business insurance Click Here.
Then give us a call and we can meet and go over this basic data and your objectives. This is the basic data needed for group benefit quotes.
- Renewal dates and present carriers.
- Excel census of all full-time equivalent eligible employees that includes date of birth, sex, type of coverage (single, employee/spouse, employee/child, family or waiver), employee zip code, and dates of birth and sex of all covered family members.
- Total number of all full-time and part-time employees.
- Copies of all plan summaries.
- Three years rates and claim history, if available.
- Who do you want us to solicit bids from?
- What internal payroll or other systems do you need benefits to coordinate with?
- For Business Life Insurance (Keyman, Deferred Compensation, Buy & Sell, Extended Health Care, etc.) we need details on occupations, income, knowledge of legal documents involved, and your objectives.
- Do you want to know how much life insurance you need? Use our Calculating Your Life Insurance Needs document to determine your needs.
- Do you want information on Extended Health Care/Long Term Care? Read our #19 White Paper, Summary of the Wisconsin Long Term Care Insurance Partnership Plan Act of 2009 , for more information. Call us for the generous tax breaks available and return of premium in Long Term Care policies (individual and group).
AFFINITY, ASSOCIATIONS OR MEMBERSHIP ORGANIZATIONS
If you are an association, affinity or membership organization looking to enhance membership value with insurance products, the following information would be helpful when we talk.
- Plan rates, details, renewal date, number insured and total affinity population on your present affinity group plan.
- If you want to establish a plan…
- How many potential members are there?
- How do you rate your membership influence from 1 to 10 (with 10 being the greatest influence)?
- Do you have a descriptive history of your group?
- What is your biggest affinity competitor doing?
- How many portals of communication do you have with members?
- How are members dependent on you?
- How big a market differentiators do you need?
Please refer to our Glossary or Individual or Business pages for more information.