The following sites are intended to aid you in your search for more information on a variety of health care and insurance related topics.
Agency for Health Care Research and Quality
A variety of tools are available to help consumers evaluate, compare and
guide you through the health care system.
Congressional Budget Office
View policy analyses, cost estimates of legislation, and budget and economic projections that serve as a basis for the Congress’s decisions about spending and taxes.
Department of Labor – Health Benefits Advisor for Employers
This online resource outlines federal laws other than the Affordable Care Act that can affect health benefit coverage provided by group health plans. It explains such laws as:
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Mental Health Parity Act (MHPA) and Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA)
- Newborns’ and Mothers’ Health Protection Act (Newborns’ Act)
- Women’s Health and Cancer Rights Act (WHCRA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Michelle’s Law
Employee Benefit Research Institute
A great source of information for human resources professionals.
Federal Wellness Resource Guide
A guide for employers and employees regarding workplace wellness.
Government Accountability Office
Research how the Federal Government is spending taxpayer dollars.
La Crosse County Government
La Crosse County’s government website.
National Institutes of Health
As large supporter of biomedical research the NIH is dedicated to improving the health of the Nation.
Office of Management and Budget
Review past and present annual federal budgets.
Social Security Administration
Provides information on applying for Social Security and Medicare.
US Department of Treasury – Health Savings Accounts Resource Center
Provides current HSA deposit limits and regulations.
US Department of Health and Human Services
Federal site that provides information on diseases, health preparedness,
grants/funding and health care assistance.
- For answers to your PPACA Health Care Reform Questions, please see Detailed PPACA Timeline Sorted by Group Size
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Information on Wisconsin Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus programs.
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Find out more about Wisconsin’s labor market, how to apply for unemployment
benefits and worker’s compensation claims.
Wisconsin Office of the Commission of Insurance
Find a wide variety of publications available to assist consumers in purchases all
types of insurance available in Wisconsin.
Neighborhood Family Clinic – Low cost health care clinic with a $39 office visit.
MISCELLANEOUS WEBSITES AND DOCUMENTS
Center for Retirement Research at Boston College
Publications and information on saving for retirement.
- Compare the cost and quality of local and national health care providers.
Historical and current inflation related data and charts.
Kaiser Family Foundation
Kaiser is a non-profit, private operating foundation focusing on the major health care issues facing the U.S., as well as the U.S. role in global health policy.
Institute for Truth in Accounting
Non-profit organization dedicated to the transparency of government accounting records.
- A listing of insurance companies we work with and their contact information. If you need help contacting a company, please let us know.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield’s “Making Healthcare Reform Work for You” Website
- These guides are intended to help diagnose or suggest treatment for various minor conditions.